On Tuesday, 12 REALTORS® prepared for situations when they might be asked to act as spokespersons for their local associations by reviewing best practices for media interviews.
The half-day session kicked off the latest training module for the Illinois REALTORS® Leadership Development program at the REALTORS®’ headquarters in Springfield.
Following a review of situations when news media might work with real estate professionals, class members took turns answering impromptu questions while video cameras filmed their responses. Members learned what pitfalls to avoid and what steps they could take to make the best possible impressions.
Participants in this year’s class included:
- Amy Barnes, Barnes Realty, Inc., REALTOR® Association of Northwestern Illinois;
- Luigui Corral, RE/MAX American Dream, North Shore-Barrington Association of REALTORS®;
- Brett Decker, Exit Strategy Realty, Chicago Association of REALTORS®;
- Jessica Devore, Green Acres Real Estate, Bloomington-Normal Association of REALTORS®;
- Rachel Frangos, Baird & Warner Realty, Chicago Association of REALTORS®;
- Tina Franklin, McColly Bennett Real Estate, Kankakee-Iroquois-Ford Association of REALTORS®;
- Gibby Kirby, Realty Executives Success, Three Rivers Association of REALTORS®;
- Suzanne Miller, Jim Maloof Realty, Inc., Peoria Area Association of REALTORS®;
- Danell Moberly, Keller Williams Bloomington, Bloomington-Normal Association of REALTORS®;
- Kathy Nosek, 4C Realty, Mainstreet Association of REALTORS®;
- Debbie Pawlowicz, RE/MAX Action, Mainstreet Association of REALTORS®; and
- Elaine Rhodes, Coldwell Banker Brown Realtors, Greater Gateway Association of REALTORS®.