Illinois REALTORS® draws on the skills and interests of a broad cross-section of the membership, and we want to provide our members with many opportunities to develop their professional and leadership skills. By volunteering to serve on a committee, member involvement group or task force you can help set the course for YOUR association. Committee applications for the coming year closed on June 1, 2018, and will reopen next year in the spring.
If you are interested in serving on an Illinois REALTOR® committee, here is helpful information:
- Organizational Chart of Illinois REALTOR® Committees, Member Involvement Groups, Working Groups and Task Forces
- Committee and Working Group Descriptions
- Committee Search
- Statement of Policy on Committees and Other Groups
- Illinois REALTOR® Conflict of Interest Policy
- Illinois REALTORS® Bylaws
Illinois REALTORS® Board of Directors
Interested in applying for the association’s Board of Directors? Here’s the information you need.
The application deadline for 2019 was April 16, 2018.
- Illinois REALTORS® Board of Directors Criteria
- Statement of Real Estate Licensure (director)
- Campaign Guidelines for Applicants
FAQ: Learn about volunteer leadership
Why you? The Association draws on the skills and interests of a broad cross-section of the membership, and we want to provide our members with many opportunities to develop their professional and leadership skills. By volunteering you can help set the course for an association that represents more than 47,000 practitioners.
How do you benefit from serving on a committee or work group? Committee work can be complex and sometimes demanding, while at the same time being productive, enjoyable and rewarding. Volunteering to serve on a committee or working group offers many rewards:
- Gain a better understanding of the association.
- Contribute to your profession.
- Learn leadership skills.
- Build a resume.
- Have new experiences.
- Meet some amazing colleagues from other regions.
Expectations of committee and working group members:
- Actively participate in committee/work group meetings.
- Follow through on assigned tasks.
- Respect the opinions of other committee members.
- Represent the committee to others in your area.
Length of service: November through October of each year.
Selection process: Your application will be reviewed by the Executive Committee.