Search Illinois REALTORS® committees:
Develop your leadership skills
Illinois REALTORS® draws on the skills and interests of a broad cross-section of the membership, and we want to provide our members with many opportunities to develop their professional and leadership skills. Applications for 2020 were open from March 12, 2019 until May 8, 2019.
- Organizational Chart of Illinois REALTOR® Committees, Member Involvement Groups, Working Groups and Task Forces
- Committee and Working Group Descriptions
- Statement of Policy on Committees and Other Groups
- Illinois REALTOR® Code of Conduct
- Illinois REALTORS® Bylaws
- Illinois REALTORS® Board of Directors Criteria What Illinois REALTORS® is looking for in prospective board members
- Campaign Guidelines for Board of Directors Applicants Know what is and is not allowed
- Statement of Real Estate Licensure (Director) All Board of Directors applicants must undergo a background check
FAQ: Learn about volunteer leadership
Why you? The Association draws on the skills and interests of a broad cross-section of the membership, and we want to provide our members with many opportunities to develop their professional and leadership skills. By volunteering you can help set the course for thr association.
How do you benefit from serving on a committee or work group? Committee work can be complex and sometimes demanding, while at the same time being productive, enjoyable and rewarding. Volunteering to serve on a committee or working group offers many rewards:
- Gain a better understanding of the association.
- Contribute to your profession.
- Learn leadership skills.
- Build a resume.
- Have new experiences.
- Meet some amazing colleagues from other regions.
Expectations of committee and working group members:
- Actively participate in committee/work group meetings.
- Follow through on assigned tasks.
- Respect the opinions of other committee members.
- Represent the committee to others in your area.
Length of service: November through October of each year.
Selection process: Your application will be reviewed by the Executive Committee.