Illinois REALTORS® Licensing & Training Center is your TRUSTED SOURCE for state-approved real estate education. We can help you get an Illinois real estate license with convenient, affordable online courses you can take anytime, anywhere. We also have more than 65 classroom branch locations for real estate classes near you.
How to get an Illinois real estate license
Step 1: complete 90 hours of pre-license education
- Course 1: Broker Pre-License Topics provides the essentials. This 75-hour course can be taken online or in a classroom.
- Course 2: Applied Real Estate Principles is an interactive 15-credit-hour course that can be taken in a two-day live webinar or in a classroom.
Did you know you can earn your license online without leaving home? Whether you’re a night owl or an early bird, our online courses are your travel-free, hassle-free solution. We also have more than 65 classroom branch locations in Illinois. We can help you get your license in no time!
- BEST VALUE!
- 90 hours
- Self-paced Online Study
- 75 hours
- Interactive Webinar
- 15 hours
- 65+ Branch Locations
- No Course Exams
- Online Course 1 Only
- A Proctored Exam Is Required For This Course
Have questions? Contact an Education Specialist.
Video: How to Become a Real Estate Agent
Step 2 – take the real estate licensing exam
- Use these exam preparation tools ExamSmart and RECampus QBank to test your readiness.
- Carefully review the Illinois Real Estate Examination Program Candidate Handbook for instructions before you register.
- Register for the exam online with the state exam administrator, psiAMP.
Step 3 – apply for a real estate license
You must get a managing broker to sponsor you before you apply to the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation (IDFPR) for a license. Submit your signed sponsor card and license application to IDFPR online.
Become a REALTOR® member
Not all real estate licensees are REALTORS®. If you choose to become an Illinois REALTOR®, you will receive advocacy, advanced educational opportunities, training and networking not available to other licensees. Discover REALTOR® Member benefits and resources.
Like other licensed professionals, real estate brokers must take continuing education courses to keep their license current. License renewal is required in Illinois on a 2-year schedule. Learn more about maintaining your real estate license.