What is RPAC?
RPAC is the REALTORS® Political Action Committee. RPAC supports pro-REALTOR® candidates for public office including:
- LOCAL government (e.g., mayor, city council, county government throughout Illinois)
- STATE government (e.g., our lawmakers at the State Capitol in Springfield)
- FEDERAL government (e.g., Members of the U.S. Congress)
- REALTORS® decide who gets RPAC dollars based on their support for issues important to the real estate profession, private property rights, buyers and sellers of real estate.
- RPAC is supported by voluntary contributions made by REALTORS®.
- Invest in RPAC today.
Why invest in RPAC?
The political process is the one we have. “If you’re not at the table, you’re on the menu.” Lawmakers have the power to make decisions on countless issues affecting real estate. RPAC and our strong advocacy program help us be at the table where decisions are made whether at city hall, Springfield or Washington, D.C.
LOCAL government examples:
- Eliminated a real estate for-sale sign sticker fee of $50
- Ended a $75 commercial sign permit fee
- Stopped effort to license and regulate multifamily dwelling units charging a fee of $60 per unit, annually
STATE government battles:
- Stopped a $500 video sewer inspection fee for the seller in residential real estate transactions statewide
- Stopped a tripling of the Real Estate Transfer Tax for non-residential property –
a jump from $1 to $3 per $1,000
- Help pass bills that consolidate local government in the interest of lowering property taxes
→ Review the Illinois REALTORS® Legislative Scorecard to learn about the critical battles fought against and the important issues supported.
National priorities snapshot:
- Protect the National Flood Insurance Program
- Strengthen access to credit for homebuyers
- Support policies that protect and enhance the flow of capital to commercial real estate