You can build your competency and give your confidence a boost with the expanded skill set that certifications and designations provide. Attract new clients by becoming a certified professional with professional designations.
You can earn the GRI with 100% online courses. Explore other designation and certification courses in our Education Calendar.
Take your career to the next level with the Graduate, REALTOR® Institute designation (GRI). GRI is comprehensive lifetime designation with no renewal fees. The 60-hour GRI education curriculum includes coursework in technology, finance, client systems, and ethics.
Unique features of the GRI program
- Earn CE credit for most GRI courses, plus CRS and e-PRO designation credits as part of your GRI studies.
- Get credit for any core, ethics, and e-PRO courses you have taken through Illinois REALTORS® Licensing & Training Center in the past five years.
- The Illinois Real Estate Educational Foundation Rich Port Scholarship may assist individuals who are pursuing their GRI designation.
- All courses except e-Pro must be purchased from Illinois REALTORS®.
- All courses must be completed within a five year period.
- A total of 60 hours of credits must be earned, including minimum credit hours in the six areas detailed below.
When coursework is complete, submit the GRI Request form to receive your designation.
I. GRI prerequisites = 30 hours
- 30 hours Broker Post-License OR
- 30 hours Managing Broker Pre-License Topics OR
- Proficiency Exam or Equivalency Application
II. GRI mandatory courses = 12 hours
- Contract Law for Real Estate Professionals (RB 733 – 3 hours) + CRS credit
- Mastering Real Estate Negotiations (RD 933 – 3 hours) + CRS credit
- 6-hours Core A&B CE. Suggested:
III. Ethics courses = 3 hours
- 3-hours Ethics course of your choosing. Suggested:
IV. Client systems courses = 6 hours
- Successful Buyer Client Systems (3-hours – RD 909 ) + CRS Credit
- Successful Seller Client Systems (3 hours – no CE) + CRS Credit
- Meeting the Needs of Buyers and Sellers (3 hours – no CE) + CRS Credit
V. Finance courses = 3 hours
VI. Technology courses = 6 hours