Increase your abilities by earning designations and certifications, and you may increase your income as well! REALTORS® with a professional designation earn a median income of 74% more than those without! With designations and certifications, you can set yourself apart from your competition. Designations and certifications enhance your appeal to clients and brokerages and build your confidence and earning power.
Demonstrate your areas of expertise at a glance with by adding real estate designations and certifications behind your name.
Graduate, REALTOR® Institute Designation (GRI®)
Illinois REALTORS® Licensing & Training Center is proud to provide coursework for the Graduate, REALTOR® Institute designation (GRI®).
GRI® is the premier comprehensive real estate designation. It is a lifetime designation with no renewal fees,
The 60-hour education curriculum includes coursework in technology, finance, client systems, and ethics. Most GRI® courses also provide CE credit, and some also provide credit toward the CRS and e-PRO designations. All core, ethics, and e-PRO courses you have taken through Illinois REALTORS® Licensing & Training Center within the past five years may be applied toward the GRI® designation.
- All courses except e-Pro must be purchased from Illinois REALTORS® Licensing & Training Center.
- All courses must be completed within a five-year period.
- A total of 60 hours of credits must be earned, including minimum credit hours in the six areas detailed below.
When all coursework is complete, submit the GRI® Request form to request the designation.
I. GRI® prerequisites = 30 hours
- 30 hours Broker Post-License OR
- 30 hours Managing Broker Pre-License Topics OR
- Proficiency Exam or Equivalency Application
II. GRI® mandatory courses = 12 hours
- Contract Law for Real Estate Professionals (RB 733 – 3 hours) + CRS credit
- Mastering Real Estate Negotiations (RD 933 – 3 hours) + CRS credit
- 6-hours Core A&B CE. Suggested:
III. Ethics courses = 3 hours
- 3-hours Ethics course of your choosing. Suggested:
IV. Client systems courses = 6 hours
- Successful Buyer Client Systems (3-hours – RD 909 ) + CRS Credit
- Successful Seller Client Systems (3 hours – no CE) + CRS Credit
- Meeting the Needs of Buyers and Sellers (3 hours – no CE) + CRS Credit
V. Finance courses = 3 hours
VI. Technology courses = 6 hours
Requesting the GRI® Designation
When you have completed the coursework, submit the GRI® Request form to request the designation.
Other Designations and Certifications
Our classroom branch locations offer other designation and certification courses. Check the Education Calendar for dates and locations.
The National Association of REALTORS® and its affiliated Institutes, Societies and Councils also offer a variety of designation and certification programs online.