REALTORS® with a professional designation earn a median income of 74% more than those without a designation.
Demonstrate your areas of expertise at a glance with by adding real estate designations and certifications behind your name. Not only will you stand out from your competition, you will build your confidence and earning power.
Graduate, REALTOR® Institute Designation (GRI®)
Illinois REALTORS® Licensing & Training Center is proud to provide coursework for the Graduate, REALTOR® Institute designation (GRI®).
GRI® is the premier comprehensive real estate designation. It is a lifetime designation with no renewal fees,
The 60-hour education curriculum includes coursework in technology, finance, client systems, and ethics. Most GRI® courses also provide CE credit, and some also provide credit toward the CRS and e-PRO designations. All core, ethics, and e-PRO courses you have taken through Illinois REALTORS® Licensing & Training Center within the past five years may be applied toward the GRI® designation.
- All courses except e-Pro must be purchased from Illinois REALTORS® Licensing & Training Center.
- All courses must be completed within a five-year period.
- A total of 60 hours of credits must be earned, including minimum credit hours in the six areas detailed below.
When all coursework is complete, submit the GRI® Request form to request the designation.
We are looking forward to bringing you new GRI courses in 2019. Interested in a course that is not available yet? Provide your email address and we will notify you when new GRI courses become available.
I. GRI® prerequisites = 30 hours
- 30 hours Broker Post-License OR
- 30 hours Managing Broker Pre-License Topics OR
- Proficiency Exam or Equivalency Application
II. GRI® mandatory courses = 12 hours
- Contract Law for Real Estate Professionals (RB 733 | 4 Elective CE credits + CRS credit | course #564003302)
- Mastering Real Estate Negotiations – (GRI 004 | No CE credit | course # 201950004)
- Any Illinois REALTORS® Core CE course (4 Core CE credits)
III. Ethics courses = 3 hours
- Any 3-hour Illinois REALTORS® Ethics CE course
IV. Client systems courses = 6 hours
- Successful Buyer Client Systems (RD 909 | 4 hour Elective CE credit + CRS credit | course # 564003301)
- Successful Seller Client Systems (GRI 001 | No CE credit | course # 201950001)
- Meeting the Needs of Buyers and Sellers (GRI 002 – No CE credit, CRS credit | course # 201950002)
V. Finance courses = 3 hours
- Property Taxes in Illinois (FI 1103 – 3 hours Elective CE | course #564003267)
- Real Estate Investment Made Clear (GRI 003 No CE credit | course # 201950003)
VI. Technology courses = 6 hours
- E-Pro Designation course (6 hours) (3 hour Elective Credit | course # 564003169)
Requesting the GRI® Designation
When you have completed the coursework, submit the GRI® Request form to request the designation.
Other Designations and Certifications
Our classroom branch locations offer other designation and certification courses. Check the Education Calendar for dates and locations.
The National Association of REALTORS® and its affiliated Institutes, Societies and Councils also offer a variety of designation and certification programs online.