To compete in a busy market, you need an exceptional education.
Designations and certifications demonstrate your experience and expertise in various real estate sectors. By earning designations and certifications, you may build your competency, acquire new skills, and enhance your appeal to clients and brokerages.
A wide range of designation and certification programs are offered through the National Association of REALTORS® and its affiliated Institutes, Societies and Councils. Illinois REALTORS® Licensing & Training Center provides coursework for the Graduate, REALTOR® Institute program.
Your success story starts here. GRI® is a comprehensive lifetime designation with no renewal fees. The 60-hour education curriculum includes coursework in technology, finance, client systems, and ethics.
The GRI® designation can be earned through all online courses. When taken through Illinois REALTORS® Licensing & Training Center, your broker post-license coursework provides automatic credit toward the GRI® designation. You can also earn CE credit simultaneously while pursuing your GRI® designation.
Unique features of the GRI® program
- Earn CE credit for most GRI® courses, plus CRS and e-PRO designation credits as part of your GRI® studies.
- Get credit for any core, ethics, and e-PRO courses you have taken through Illinois REALTORS® Licensing & Training Center in the past five years.
- The Illinois Real Estate Educational Foundation Rich Port Scholarship may assist individuals who are pursuing their GRI® designation.
- All courses except e-Pro must be purchased from Illinois REALTORS®.
- All courses must be completed within a five year period.
- A total of 60 hours of credits must be earned, including minimum credit hours in the six areas detailed below.
When coursework is complete, submit the GRI® Request form to receive your designation.
I. GRI® prerequisites = 30 hours
- 30 hours Broker Post-License OR
- 30 hours Managing Broker Pre-License Topics OR
- Proficiency Exam or Equivalency Application
II. GRI® mandatory courses = 12 hours
- Contract Law for Real Estate Professionals (RB 733 – 3 hours) + CRS credit
- Mastering Real Estate Negotiations (RD 933 – 3 hours) + CRS credit
- 6-hours Core A&B CE. Suggested:
III. Ethics courses = 3 hours
- 3-hours Ethics course of your choosing. Suggested:
IV. Client systems courses = 6 hours
- Successful Buyer Client Systems (3-hours – RD 909 ) + CRS Credit
- Successful Seller Client Systems (3 hours – no CE) + CRS Credit
- Meeting the Needs of Buyers and Sellers (3 hours – no CE) + CRS Credit
V. Finance courses = 3 hours
VI. Technology courses = 6 hours
GRI® Designation Request Form
Submit the GRI® Request form online. You may save the form and return to it later by clicking save at the bottom of the form.