Illinois REALTORS® helps consumers, members with disputes
Illinois REALTORS® follow the REALTOR® Code of Ethics which outlines standards of professional practice.
If a dispute arises with a REALTOR® pertaining to several provisions of the Code, complaints may be filed for review by a panel of Illinois REALTORS® members which specializes in ethical standards.
The complaints, which can be filed anonymously, can come from REALTORS® or REALTORS®’ clients.
How the service works
- If a filing is found to meet the program’s standards, a Citation Panel will review the case. If the Citation Panel believes a violation has occurred, a citation will be issued to the Respondent, along with a set fine.
- The Respondent has the opportunity to pay the fine within 30 days or request a hearing before an Ethics Hearing Panel. Fines range from $250 to $1,000, depending on the nature and severity of the violation. The panel can also mandate training or other remedies.
- If a hearing is requested by the Respondent, the complaint will be sent to the Grievance Committee for review.
How to file a complaint
- Fill out the online form below. It will be reviewed typically within one business day.
- Call Illinois REALTORS®. The Ethics Citation Hotline can be reached at 217-529-2600 from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. (Closed major holidays)
Illinois REALTORS®’ Professional Standards Committee is charged with upholding the highest principles of the association and ensuring that members adhere to the REALTOR® Code of Ethics. In order to facilitate a more efficient and streamlined process to handle certain ethics violations, Illinois REALTORS® introduced a new Ethics Citation Program in September, 2014.