The Founders of Bicentennial Plaza
Illinois leaders in community revitalization and civic engagement helped develop this visionary pedestrian walkway connecting the Lincoln Home National Historic Site to east with the Illinois State Capitol to the west in downtown Springfield.
- Illinois REALTORS®
- City of Springfield
- Midwest Real Estate Data, LLC
- National Association of REALTORS®
- Paul Schanbacher and Susan and Bill Enlow
- Chicago Association of REALTORS®
- Marsha and Gary Clayton
- Illinois REALTORS® Past Presidents
- The Inland Real Estate Group of Companies
- Mainstreet Organization of REALTORS®
Bicentennial Plaza Partners
- Crawford, Murphy & Tilly (CMT) Consulting Engineers
- Massie Massie & Associates
- R.D. Lawrence Construction Co., Ltd.
- Mansfield Electric Co.
- Ace Sign Company
- Selvaggio Steel
16 interpretive panels showcase the places, events and people who lived and worked in Springfield and who advanced Lincoln’s vision for America as a land of equal opportunity for all. The stories were researched and written by local historians from the following organizations:
- Historic Preservation Division, Illinois Department of Natural Resources
- National Park Service, Lincoln Home National Historic Site
- Illinois Governor’s Mansion
Bicentennial Plaza Brick Sponsors
- Many purchased a brick in donation to the Real Estate Educational Foundation’s Education Fund for development of the Plaza’s educational interpretive panels.
- Learn how you can leave a legacy by donating a brick.
Bicentennial Plaza Dedication Major Sponsors
- Ameren Illinois
- ADM, Archer Daniels Midland Company
- The Inland Real Estate Group of Companies, Inc.
Bicentennial Plaza Dedication Day Sponsors
- Bank of Springfield
- Capital Area Cleaners
- Coldwell Banker The Real Estate Group
- Community Foundation for the Land of Lincoln
- Inn at 835
- Illinois Bankers Association
- Illinois REALTORS® Relief Foundation
- Levi, Ray & Shoup, Inc. (LRS)
- Real Property Alliance