Protecting the industry and consumers
It takes a team to protect the industry and private property rights. Illinois REALTORS® has a cadre of members and staff whose focus is to make sure REALTORS® can best do business on behalf of their clients. The association maintains relationships with policymakers at all levels—local, state and federal.
State, local and federal protection for the real estate industry
State policy can have a huge impact on real estate. That’s why Illinois REALTORS® has a team of lobbyists who sort through the thousands of bills filed annually to make sure bad legislation doesn’t become state law.
Illinois REALTORS® has a cadre of local Government Affairs Directors, called GADS, who address property rights issues issues at the grassroots level.
Protecting your business and property rights
The REALTORS® Political Action Committee has your back. An investment helps keep your business from becoming encumbered in red tape and costly regulation. Join the thousands of Illinois REALTORS® who are protecting our real estate industry and learn how you can play a role in taking a stand for private property rights.
Our fundraising year
2019 RPAC goal status
- Raised: $865,051 / $1,655,250
- Major Investors: 553 / 471
- President’s Circle: 64* / 47
- Participation: 27% / 37%
Updated April 15, 2019
*2018 members stay on roster until May 31
Making the REALTOR® voice heard in government at all levels
The power of the REALTOR® brand is evident in the association’s deep membership engagement on the issues. Illinois REALTORS® members take a direct role in answering Calls for Action on legislation, and many serve in leadership capacities to make industry issues known to policymakers.
- Federal Political Coordinators (FPCs) maintain relationships with specific members of Congress to keep them up-to-date on REALTOR® issues. FPC’s visit with elected officials when they are in their districts, and during visits to Washington, D.C.
- State Legislative Contacts (SLCs) stay in touch with Illinois lawmakers to help reinforce the association’s legislative agenda.
- Consulate General Liaisons (CGLs) provide insight for a growing global clientele, and establish relationships with diplomatic representatives.