Following are recent disciplinary actions taken by the Real Estate Division of the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation. Visit their website for more details and the most current disciplinary action.
- Real estate broker license placed on probation for one year and fined $1,000 for failing to account for or remit money coming into possession that belong to others.
- Real estate managing broker license revoked and fined $100,000 for failing to maintain and deposit in a special account, all escrow money; failing to account for or remit money coming into possession that belong to others; failing to exercise reasonable skill and care in the performance of brokerage services; failing to promote the best interests of client; and engaging in unprofessional conduct of a character likely to deceive, defraud, or harm the public.
- Real estate broker license reprimanded, fined $2,000 and ordered to cease and desist any activities that requires a license pursuant to the Real Estate License Act of 2000 for representing a buyer in the purchase of a home while license was in a non-renewed status.
- Real estate managing broker license indefinitely suspended for a minimum of two years for failing to supervise a broker who represented a buyer in the purchase of a home while license was in a non-renewed status.
- Real estate leasing agent license fined $750 for failure to complete continuing education prior to renewing license and for stating on the renewal application that the continuing education had been completed.
- Real estate broker license suspended for failure to file and/or pay Illinois state income taxes.