Following yesterday’s countdown of stories 10 through six, the staff offers:
5. Band, awards mark GRI’s 50th year at Peoria bash – In this Dec. 4 blog post, you’ll see plenty of photos, as well as a summary of the previous day’s events at the Hotel Pere Marquette in Peoria.
4. IAR Board makes package of changes to enhance professionalism in industry – In this Sept. 4 post, the IAR Board of Directors approved an Ethics Citation Program to police adherence to professional standards and allow members to file ethics complaints against each other.
3. Election results feature many pro-REALTOR® candidates and five Home Rule defeats – On Nov. 5, IAR members celebrated Opportunity Race victories in local and state elections, as well as in several pro-REALTOR® issues.
2. Breaking news: Gov. Quinn reorganizes IDFPR, creates Division of Real Estate – On April 1, Gov. Quinn signed an executive order that created the Division of Real Estate within the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation. The new division is responsible for enforcing a variety of state laws, including the Real Estate License, the Home Inspector License and the Land Sales Registration acts.
1. IAR wins prestigious Triple Crown (award) at NAR convention – On Nov. 7, IAR was recognized for its RPAC fundraising and overall participation at the National Association of REALTORS® Convention & Expo in New Orleans.