If you’re preparing an open house this weekend, take steps to make sure the event is safer for you and your associates. In the spirit of REALTOR® Safety Month, here are seven ideas provided by the National Association of REALTORS®:
- Arrange to have multiple REALTORS® work an open house at the same time.
- Program emergency numbers into mobile phones before opening to the public.
- Check your cell phone’s signal strength before the event begins.
- Check all rooms for escape routes and make sure deadbolt locks are unlocked.
- If the back yard has a fence, unlock the gates.
- Always walk behind potential customers and gesture for them to enter rooms ahead of you.
- Tell a friend, relative or someone in your office that you will call in every hour on the hour; otherwise, they should call you.