In January, REALTOR® Piero Orsi received the 2017 Illinois REALTORS® Political Involvement Award.
The broker-owner of RE/MAX Showcase offices in Gurnee, Long Grove and Waukegan has served on all the Illinois REALTORS® political fundraising committees and has chaired the Major Investor Working Group.
“While it’s true for any profession, a REALTOR® must be involved, there is no choice,” Orsi said. “The communities we serve have very specific real estate needs that must be addressed. We are poised to help the consumers/homeowners while enhancing our profession and well-being. It does not get any better than that.”
Orsi is in his sixth consecutive year as a REALTORS® Political Action Committee (RPAC) trustee. At the national level, he serves on the National Association of REALTORS® Board of Directors and for the last four years he’s been on the NAR’s Federal Financing and Housing Policy Committee.
He is a Sustaining Golden “R” Major Investor in RPAC, a member of the President’s Circle and in 2011 was inducted into the NAR RPAC Hall of Fame with $25,000 in total contributions. By continuing his RPAC support, in 2016 he was recognized for achieving a new tier of RPAC lifetime investment – $50,000.
Orsi is a member of the Mainstreet Organization of REALTORS® and was honored by the former REALTOR® Association of Northwest Chicagoland as its local REALTOR® of the Year in 2011.
See a list of previous Political Involvement Award winners.
Previous stories in the Illinois REALTORS® Who Made a Difference in 2018 series include:
- Frazier honored with annual local executive award;
- Three REALTORS® achieved next level status for RPAC Hall of Fame;
- Eight REALTORS® were inducted into RPAC Hall of Fame;
- Difanis’ drive caught attention of AREAA and Chicago REALTORS® during his term as president;
- Stover recognized for outstanding service to senior homeowners;
- Morris, Jones, Guzmán, Crosby received presidential medallions from Difanis;
- Silvano recognized for global vision and involvement;
- Trio helped Illinois REALTORS® play key role in state bicentennial;
- Six REALTORS® tabbed for Illinois Real Estate Administration and Disciplinary Board;
- LaFargue and Persin receive Good Neighbor Award honorable mentions; and
- Elk Grove Village REALTOR® sole Illinoisan named to ’30 Under 30′ list.