In July, Illinois REALTORS® honored REALTOR® Association of Southwestern Illinois CEO Deb Frazier with the Margery Shinners Rhino Award.
The annual award is given to the Illinois REALTORS® association executive who symbolizes strength, leadership and loyalty to the profession.
“Deb Frazier is always anxious to learn and embrace new ideas to benefit her association,” said Peoria Area Association of REALTORS® CEO Dallas Hancock. “She’s generous in the exchange of programs and services with her peers, and she is adept at making new AEs feel welcome and assisting them in any way possible.”
“Deb is very willing to ask the tough questions,” said Heartland REALTOR® Organization CEO Jim Haisler. “She’s not just going to accept the status quo. Rather, she’ll challenge that it is the right path to be going down. And yet while doing that she remains respectful and professional. She truly is a Rhino in the industry.”
“My success is measured by the value that our members see in our REALTOR® association,” said Frazier. “My staff and I spend every day serving and working with our members. We work hard to bring each of them what they need to make their job easier. Education and professionalism are our focus at the association, and we believe our members appreciate it.”
Frazier has been in her current position for seven years, and prior to that she served as the executive director of a multiple listing service and as a managing broker.
“It means so much to me to receive the Rhino Award,” Frazier said. “The association executives who received this award before me are people I look up to. Some have retired, and others are no longer with us, but each of them has taught me along the way. I also want to thank Gary Clayton, CEO of Illinois REALTORS®, for bestowing this award on me and honoring what the local AEs face along their journeys.
“This job has never had a dull moment in my seven years,” she said. “Many people can’t say they love their job, but I’m one of the lucky ones. I do!”
See a list of previous Rhino Award winners.
Previous stories in the Illinois REALTORS® Who Made a Difference in 2018 series include:
- Three REALTORS® achieved next level status for RPAC Hall of Fame;
- Eight REALTORS® were inducted into RPAC Hall of Fame;
- Difanis’ drive caught attention of AREAA and Chicago REALTORS® during his term as president;
- Stover recognized for outstanding service to senior homeowners;
- Morris, Jones, Guzmán, Crosby received presidential medallions from Difanis;
- Silvano recognized for global vision and involvement;
- Trio helped Illinois REALTORS® play key role in state bicentennial;
- Six REALTORS® tabbed for Illinois Real Estate Administration and Disciplinary Board;
- LaFargue and Persin receive Good Neighbor Award honorable mentions; and
- Elk Grove Village REALTOR® sole Illinoisan named to ’30 Under 30′ list.