Many aldermanic candidates who received Illinois REALTORS® backing in the primary election in Chicago on Tuesday made it to the April 2, 2019 runoff election.
The association reviewed all candidates for aldermanic office.
Among those who prevailed on Tuesday and were supported by the association:
- Greg Mitchell, Seventh Ward, won with 66 percent.
- Ray Lopez, 15 Ward, finished first with 49 percent and goes to the runoff.
- Stephanie Coleman, 16th Ward, finished first with 44 percent and goes to the runoff.
- Ariel Reboyras, 30th Ward, finished first with 48 percent of the vote. Goes to runoff.
- Patrick O’Connor, 40th Ward, finished first with 33 percent of the vote. Goes to runoff.
- James Cappleman, 46th Ward, finished first with 44 percent. Goes to runoff.
Additionally, two candidates in Peoria backed by the association finished in the top 10 vote-getters, and will proceed to the general election. The top five candidates in that election will be elected to the City Council.
The candidates are:
- Zach Oyler, who finished fourth.
- Branden Martin, who finished ninth.