Wednesday night, the Illinois Association of REALTORS® was named to the 2015 Springfield Good as Gold Business Honor Roll for supporting volunteerism, organizing service efforts and-or financially supporting efforts of non-profits and charitable organizations in the Springfield area.
IAR was one of eight small businesses honored at last evening’s ceremony on the University of Illinois-Springfield (UIS) campus.
The annual Good as Gold Ceremony was established in 2009 to recognize the spirit and achievements of local volunteers and nonprofit organizations. It is organized by the UIS Volunteer and Civic Engagement Center, the United Way of Central Illinois and the Junior League of Springfield. Sponsors include the UIS College of Business and Management and the Greater Springfield Chamber of Commerce.
Award categories and their respective awards include:
- Lifetime exceptional volunteer service (Distinguished Volunteer Award);
- Annual volunteer service by individuals at each nonprofit area agency (Heart of Gold Award);
- Nonprofit agency (Organization Agent of Service Award);
- Volunteer younger than age 18 (Youth Volunteer award);
- Staff or faculty members of UIS or Lincoln Land Community College (Star Faculty/Staff Award);
- Current UIS or LLCC students (Star Student Award); and
- Good as Gold Business Honor Roll.