Illinois REALTORS® are headed to Springfield Monday for two special events and Tuesday for Capitol Conference.
Monday’s events are:
- 2 p.m. – “Getting Politically Active in Your Community,” an Illinois Young Professionals Network (YPN) Panel Discussion at the President Abraham Lincoln Springfield – a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel; and
- 7 p.m. – REALTOR® of the Year Banquet at the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Museum.
Getting Politically Active
The YPN event will feature Illinois State Treasurer Michael Frerichs, then YPN Chair Jayme Ahlden will moderate a discussion about political experiences between five REALTORS®. The group includes:
- Illinois REALTORS® President Matt Difanis, co-owner of RE/MAX Realty Associates, with offices in Champaign, Mahomet and Monticello;
- Lincoln Mayor Seth Goodman, broker-owner of ME Realty in Lincoln;
- Mahomet Schools President Max McComb, broker for RE/MAX Realty Associates in Champaign;
- Darien Ward Three Alderman Joe Kenny, broker for Realty Executives Midwest of Darien; and
- Illinois REALTORS® State Legislative Contact Steve Myers, president and managing broker for Myers Commercial Real Estate, Inc., of Springfield.
Following the ROTY Banquet, the Illinois YPN will host a Networking After Party at the Celtic Mist Pub across the street from the hotel.
Sponsored by the Illinois Real Estate Educational Foundation and Illinois REALTORS®, the 37th annual banquet is sold out. This year, the featured guest is Michael D. Oldenettel, managing broker for RE/MAX Professionals in Springfield.
Oldenettel will be joined by 23 local REALTORS® of the Year, chosen by their local associations.
The reception starts at 6:30 p.m. followed by dinner at 7:15 p.m.
Nearly 700 REALTORS® from across the state are expected to participate Tuesday in the Illinois REALTORS® Capitol Conference, also known as REALTOR® Lobby Day.
They’ll arrive by car, train and bus, gather at the Bank of Springfield Center in downtown Springfield and then visit the State Capitol to visit their elected representatives. They will emphasize the rights of private property owners and voice their concerns with proposed legislation or issues affecting the real estate profession.
Registration begins Tuesday at 10 a.m. and activities will include:
- Capitol Conference Luncheon & Legislative Briefing at BOS Center,
- Member picture outside State Capitol,
- Legislative visits,
- RPAC Major Investors Reception at President Abraham Lincoln DoubleTree Hotel and
- Lobby Day Reception at President Abraham Lincoln DoubleTree Hotel.