The Illinois Association of REALTORS® provides the results of five case studies for Managing Brokers to consider in the March issue of D.R. Legal News.
The case studies are:
- Big penalties assessed for involvement in a “mortgage referral scheme” between financial institution loan officers and a title company;
- Real estate companies win a case alleging violation of antitrust laws regarding commissions;
- A finding that an employer’s discipline for suspected alcohol use by an employee was unwarranted;
- The question of a new property owner’s liability for past condo assessments when buying a foreclosed unit; and
- The question of whether real estate firms can use an online system to maintain property records without infringing on another company’s patent.
D.R. Legal News is an electronic newsletter distributed six times a year by the Illinois Association of REALTORS®. It is a members-only publication that addresses brokerage management issues.