Find the benefits and resources you need in your day-to-day business
REALTORS®: We’ve got your back!
While you’re working hard to make your real estate business a success, our advocacy team is watching out for your interests — at the state Capitol in Springfield and in your local community.
Most of what we do is STOP bad bills and local ordinances that add fees, taxes and red tape to the real estate transaction. If we can elect pro-REALTOR® candidates and stop bad policy affecting real estate at the LOCAL level, we are better prepared to defend our issues at the STATE and FEDERAL levels.
Together with our REALTOR® PAC (RPAC), we have a strong voice in government and a winning track record of protecting REALTOR® interests.
12 quick-hit member resources
- FREE forms, including Radon Disclosure and Residential Real Property Disclosure
- Legal Hotline and free legal webinars
- Career counseling for your post-license and continuing education questions
- Continuing Education LookUp
- Download free consumer brochures to give your clients including “Understanding Property Taxes in Illinois” and the state law requiring carbon monoxide detectors in the home. You can also purchase brochure handouts in the store on topics including the federal lead paint law, state seller disclosure laws, radon testing and agency in Illinois.
- Ombudsman Program for consumer-member and member-to-member dispute resolution, solving transaction issues before they escalate to ethics hearings or formal complaints to the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation (IDFPR)
- Illinois housing market statistics and forecast by University of Illinois economists
- Monthly housing market “Faststats” (median price, sales) by county
- Lobbyists at the State Capitol and throughout the state, watching out for your business when bad bills or local ordinances are proposed
- A very effective, bipartisan REALTOR® PAC (RPAC)
- Real Property Alliance – REALTORS® connecting with Illinois consumers to protect the real estate industry
- Complimentary Inman Select real estate news subscription, in partnership with MRED.
Mortgage loan programs
One of the most-searched terms for new homebuyers is “How much mortgage can I afford?”. Here are resources and a handy download to share with your clients.
Errors and Omissions Insurance • Capital Professional Insurance Managers, Inc.
www.cpim.com/iar/ • 800/438-2746
Insurance coverage for real estate professionals, including personal injury coverage and lockbox coverage.
Your REALTOR® family
When you become a REALTOR®, you join a network of local REALTOR® association leaders, the 46,000-plus member strong Illinois REALTORS® state association, and more than 1.1 million members of the National Association of REALTORS®.
- Check with your local association for benefits including MLS services/training and education
- NAR Member Benefits Program (NRDS ID required)
Working in real estate involves many inherent risks, and your well-being is at stake every time you go out into the field. Safety is an important an issue for both your clients and yourself.
NAR has a wealth of safety resources, including articles, videos, webinars and courses to help agents, brokers and associations better understand and educate each other about the risks they face.