Representatives from five professional real estate associations shared successful marketing strategies, examples of challenges they’ve faced and advocated collaboration between organizations Wednesday at the Illinois REALTORS® Fall Business Meetings in Naperville.
The Illinois REALTORS®Young Professionals Network hosted a panel discussion between leaders of the Women’s Council of REALTORS® Illinois (WCR), Dearborn Realtist Board (NAREB), the National Association of Gay and Lesbian Real Estate Professionals (NAGLREP), the Chicago West Chapter of the National Association of Hispanic Real Estate Professionals (NAHREP) and Asian Real Estate Association of America (AREAA).
About 80 Illinois REALTORS® members attended the panel discussion moderated by Illinois REALTORS® Industry Partner Liaison Jakeeva Lee (also manager of external affairs for the Chicago Association of REALTORS®). Each of the representatives outlined the challenges their members face, the communities they serve and the importance of diversity and inclusiveness to the success of the real estate industry. They welcomed others to join their organizations, too. Panelists included:
- Nykea Pippion McGriff, 2019 WCR president and managing broker for DreamTown Realty Chicago,
- Courtney Jones, president of the Dearborn Realtist Board (National Association of Real Estate Brokers) and co-owner Chicago Homes Realty Group,
- Curtis Hunt, NAGLREP president and a broker for Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage,
- Eddie Garcia, NAHREP president of the Chicago West Chapter and founder/owner of Realty of Chicago, and
- Peter DeJong, an AREAA board member and mortgage sales banker for U.S. Bank in Naperville.
Illinois REALTORS® is proud to work with and support real estate organizations in the state that represent diversity found in the real estate industry.