Illinois REALTORS® interested in global real estate can apply for a $1,500 stipend to attend what’s billed as the largest real estate conference of its kind in the world. MIPIM 2019 will be in Cannes, France, March 12-15. Here’s how to apply.
The deadline for submitting MIPIM stipend applications is Sept. 4. Winners will be judged on:
- demonstrated track record of participation in global real estate activities at the local, state or national association level;
- global real estate-related designations (i.e. – CCIM, CIPS, CRE, etc.);
- experience with international real estate transactions;
- satisfactory record of attendance and service on other Illinois REALTOR® committees, working groups, task forces, etc.; and
- timeliness of application.
But applying for the stipend is just part of the process. Members of the National Association of REALTORS® can get a discounted registration rate for MIPIM, and the registration code will be available soon from NAR. Once it is announced, Illinois REALTORS® will include the code on its website.
In the meantime, REALTORS® who want to attend MIPIM should start making hotel and plane reservations and start the process of applying for a passport if they don’t already have one.
The annual conference on the French Riviera is expected to attract more than 26,000 people from more than 100 countries who are engaged in all aspects of the real estate business. The conference features a massive trade show, more than 360 speakers and the opportunity to meet with decision-makers from some of the world’s largest firms.
In 2018, 588 attendees came from the United States, including 85 REALTORS®.