Illinois REALTORS® can support needed updates to the state communications law by sending an email to their state legislators and sharing information with friends through Facebook.
As mentioned in this blog last week, IAR has joined a coalition named the Illinois Partnership for the New Economy and Jobs that seeks changes to Illinois’ communication law that would help make the state more competitive, better meet consumer demand and create jobs. More than 240 organizations have joined the coalition that wants to bring laws into the 21st century.
“Our organization is supporting an update to the state’s expiring communications law in 2015,” says a representative of the Illinois Partnership. “Please help us update the law by sending a quick message today. Visit www.UpdateTheIllinoisLaw.com. These steps will make a big difference to update the Illinois communications law.”
The coalition lists five reasons Illinois needs to update the communication law now:
- Modern communications networks help schools, families, businesses, individuals and public safety responders.
- Surrounding states have already updated laws to promote investment in modern networks.
- Investment in modern communications networks creates jobs.
- Create Illinois jobs without taxpayer money.
- Delay puts Illinois further behind.