The Peoria Area Association of REALTORS® (PAAR) celebrated its 100th anniversary with the installation of its 2019/2020 Board of Directors at its gala in late September.
“We believe PAAR is the oldest business association in the Peoria area,” said PAAR CEO Dallas Hancock, who noted the association received proclamations from state Rep. Ryan Spain of Peoria on behalf of the Illinois House of Representatives and from Peoria Mayor Jim Ardis, recognizing years of state and community contributions by PAAR members.
REALTORS® gathered at Venue Chisca in the Warehouse District of Peoria for PAAR’s 100th Gala celebrating the installation of officers and directors and recognizing a century of achievements. Members shared memories of game-changing developments in the real estate industry through a video, and a slide show of past PAAR events was compiled for the occasion. A large contingency of past presidents, including several Illinois REALTORS® past presidents, were in attendance, participating in the annual passing of the gavel. Memorabilia was on display and will continue to be gathered for a time capsule that will be buried at the PAAR home office. A local artist was on hand to capture the evening’s events through a live painting that will be displayed at the PAAR offices.
Officers for 2020 include:
- Kendra Sipes of Coldwell Banker The Real Estate Group in Peoria as president,
- Jason Catton of Realty Executives Acclaimed in Peoria Heights as president-elect,
- Jennifer Hamm of Keller Williams Premier Realty in Peoria as treasurer and
- Suzanne Miller of Jim Maloof Realty, Inc., in Peoria as immediate past president.
Members of the 2020 PAAR Board of Directors are:
- Nancy Badord – C21 Purdum-Epperson-LVR Chapter,
- Zack Baker – Keller Williams Premier Realty,
- Ryan Cannon – RE/MAX Traders Unlimited,
- Stephanie Gehrig – Coldwell Banker The Real Estate Group,
- Marilyn Kohn – RE/MAX Traders Unlimited,
- Keith McKeever – RE/MAX Preferred Choice,
- Joyce Meiser – Realty Centre/Appraisals,
- Adam Merrick – Adam Merrick Real Estate,
- Leslie Rothan – EXP Realty,
- Melissa Stevenson – Newcastle Realty and
- Tricia Yordy – Newcastle Realty.
Guest speakers included 2013 Illinois REALTORS® President and master of ceremonies Michael Oldenettel of RE/MAX Professionals in Springfield and 2020 Illinois REALTORS® President Ed Neaves of Berkshire Hathaway Snyder Real Estate in Bloomington.