REALTORS® who’ve never experienced Capitol Conference can now listen to a podcast that explains what to expect and how to make the most of the daylong event.
The 23-minute podcast features REALTOR® Brian Kwilosz, chair of the Illinois YPN Advisory Board, talking with Chicago REALTOR® Niko Apostal and Joliet-area REALTOR® Gibby Kirby about their first time at REALTOR® Lobby Day.
- It’s important to just show up! Numbers matter at the State Capitol.
- It’s OK to be a silent observer your first time out. Enjoy the experience, watch and learn from others.
- Bring your business cards. You’re going to meet a lot of REALTORS® from all across the state.
- Check with your local association to see if it is bringing a bus. It’s a great way to travel up and back in one day, and you’ll have fun along the way.
- When was the last time you visited the State Capitol in Springfield, an eighth grade field trip? Well, it’s time to come back, this time with a mission.
- Take one day out of 365 to make a difference on potential laws that can impact your real estate business.
Download the podcast and discover how your presence at “Lobby Day” can impact legislation and your business. Twenty-three minutes will fly by!
Kwilosz is president-elect for the Mainstreet Organization of REALTORS® and the managing broker/owner of Exit Real Estate Partners in Downers Grove.
Kirby is a broker associate for Realty Executives Success in Shorewood.
Apostal is managing broker associate of Keller Williams Realty in Chicago-Lincoln Park.