On Monday night, Illinois REALTORS® was named to the Springfield Good as Gold Business Honor Roll for the third consecutive year.
Created by the University of Illinois-Springfield Volunteer & Civic Engagement Center, the Junior League of Springfield and the United Way of Central Illinois in 2009, the Good as Gold Ceremony recognizes individuals for their community service and businesses for their support of employees that volunteer for nonprofit and charitable organizations. Good as Gold also recognizes Springfield businesses for their charitable giving. Each year, community members thank volunteers and businesses for those efforts, which make Springfield “a better place to live and thrive.”
In 2017, Illinois REALTORS® won recognition in the category for businesses with between 51 and 151 employees.
The association has been working with the city of Springfield and the Illinois Executive Mansion Association to help revitalize the Jackson Street Corridor with a pedestrian walkway from the Lincoln Home to the State Capitol.
Also, during the past year, Illinois REALTORS® supported several organizations with sponsorships, monetary donations and goods:
- An annual holiday giving program through Contact Ministries;
- The Hope Institute
- Play for the Cure
- Jared’s Keepers Foundation
- Illinois Alliance of Boys & Girls Clubs
- Springfield Striders
- Early Learning Center
- Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library & Museum
- University of Illinois Foundation
- Springfield Good as Gold and
- Downtown Springfield, Inc.
The Illinois REALTORS® provided meeting space to these organizations, too:
- Illinois Housing Development Authority
- Association of Women in Communications
- Springfield Area Chamber of Commerce
- Leadership Springfield, Inc.
- American Institute of Architects Green Symposium
- Mini O’Beirne Crisis Nursery
- Better Government Association
- Advance Illinois, Community Foundation of the Land of Lincoln and
- Citizens Club of Springfield.