Illinois REALTORS provided Independent Expenditure support to 20 candidates in the 2019 Municipal Elections. Thirteen of them won their respective races.
by Mike Scobey, Illinois REALTORS®
Senior Director of Local Advocacy & Global Programs
The victorious candidates were:
- Chicago Aldermanic candidates Greg Mitchell, Raymond Lopez, Stephanie Coleman, Ariel Reboyras, Samantha Nugent, James Cappleman.
- Deb Frank Feinen, Champaign Mayor
- James Ford, Country Club Hills Mayor
- Jonathan Vanderbilt, Park Forest Mayor
- REALTOR Patty Gustin, Naperville City Councilman
- REALTOR Cindy Nelson-Katsenes, Orland Park Village Trustee
- REALTOR® Zachary Oyler, Peoria At-large City Councilman
- Patrick Murphy, Rock Valley College Board (Rockford)
The Independent Expenditure support was in the form of direct mail and digital ads. All of these races were highly competitive.
In addition to the Independent Expenditures, RPAC supported several candidates in the April 2nd Municipal Elections. Direct contributions were made to 89 candidates who were running for a variety of elected offices, including village president, city clerk, city council, village trustee and township trustee. Of the supported candidates, 61 won their respective races.
Illinois REALTORS® also supported two sales tax referenda measures in Wood River and Lemont. Both were approved by the voters. State law permits non-home rule units to impose a sales tax for infrastructure improvements and property tax relief upon voter approval.