Using a mixture of music, video, humor and her unique storytelling ability, Karel Murray urged REALTORS® to rediscover the joy and the purpose in their work and then shared eight ideas to help them succeed.
Murray offered her insights during the opening session of the Illinois REALTORS® Conference & Expo at the Gateway Conference Center Wednesday morning in Collinsville. Her presentation was titled: “Discover Your Wow Factor: The Great and Powerful ‘Ah,’ Think Forward and Get Remarkable.”
Her suggestions included:
- Be yourself.
- Have a vision of what you want so you can achieve it.
- Surround yourself with positive people who look at you and your ideas with wonder.
- Structure your ideas around your areas of brilliance.
- Show your passion to move the ideas forward.
- Recognize that things don’t go as planned.
- Resist impulsive change and implement relevant change.
- Focus — like a camera — on your goals.
“You make a difference every single day of your life,” said Murray, who disclosed she is retiring later this year.
The following photo gallery includes opening remarks by Illinois REALTORS® President Matt Difanis, remarks by a representative of Cutco, Kristie Tindall winning the morning cash drawing and several members meeting Karel Murray at the conclusion of her session.