Find the benefits and resources you need in your day-to-day business
12 quick-hit member resources
- FREE forms, including Radon Disclosure and Residential Real Property Disclosure
- Legal Hotline and legal videos
- 24 Advertising Dos and Don’ts for marketing your business
- Complimentary Inman Select real estate news subscription, in partnership with MRED.
- Career counseling for your post-license and continuing education questions
- Continuing Education Lookup
- Download free and customizable consumer brochures to give your clients including “Homeownership: How Much Can I Afford?” and one covering the state law requiring “Carbon Monoxide Detectors in Your Home.”
You can also purchase brochure handouts in the Store on topics including the federal lead paint law, state seller disclosure laws, radon testing and agency in Illinois.
- Ombudsman program for consumer-member and member-to-member dispute resolution, solving transaction issues before they escalate to ethics hearings or formal complaints to the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation (IDFPR)
- Illinois housing market statistics and forecasts by University of Illinois economists
- Lobbyists at the State Capitol and throughout the state, watching out for your business when bad bills or local ordinances are proposed.
- A very effective, bipartisan REALTOR® PAC (RPAC).
- Real Property Alliance – REALTORS® connecting with Illinois consumers to protect the real estate industry.
REALTORS®: We’ve got your back!
While you’re working hard to make your real estate business a success, our advocacy team is watching out for your interests — at the state Capitol in Springfield and in your local community.
Most of what we do is STOP bad bills and local ordinances that add fees, taxes and red tape to the real estate transaction. If we can elect pro-REALTOR® candidates and stop bad policy at the LOCAL level, we are better prepared to defend our issues at the STATE and FEDERAL levels.
Together with our REALTOR® PAC (RPAC), we have a strong voice in government and a winning track record of protecting REALTOR® interests.
Mortgage loan programs
One of the most-searched terms for new homebuyers is “How much mortgage can I afford?”. Here are resources and a handy download to share with your clients.
Your REALTOR® family
When you become a REALTOR®, you join a network of local REALTOR® association leaders, the Illinois REALTORS® state association, and members of the National Association of REALTORS®.
Working in real estate involves many inherent risks, and your well-being is at stake every time you go out into the field. Safety is an important an issue for both your clients and yourself.
NAR has a wealth of safety resources, including articles, videos, webinars and courses to help agents, brokers and associations better understand and educate each other about the risks they face.