GRI is the premier nationally-recognized real estate designation. The 60 hours of training includes technology, finance, client systems, and ethics courses. GRI is a lifetime designation with no renewal fees. You earn CE credit for most courses while you learn, and you may earn CRS and e-Pro designation credits as part of your studies.
Complete the online courses at your own pace from home. The Rich Port Scholarship is available to students pursuing their GRI designation.
- All courses except e-Pro must be purchased from Illinois REALTORS®.
- All courses must be completed within a five year period.
- GRI prerequisites = 30 hours
- GRI mandatory courses = 12 hours
- Ethics courses = 3 hours
- 3-hours Ethics course of your choosing. Suggested:
- Client systems courses = 6 hours
- Finance courses = 3 hours
- Tax Considerations for Homeowners (3 hours – FI 1125)
- 3-hour course Real Estate Investment Made Clear (no CE)
- Technology courses = 6 hours
Classroom designation & certification courses
Our local association branches host designation and certification courses throughout the year. Check our Classroom Calendar for dates and more information.