Illinois REALTORS® were honored Wednesday by their peers for longstanding support for RPAC.
Four association members were inducted into the National Association of REALTORS® RPAC Hall of Fame, while two others were recognized for significant investment milestones.
Those honored with RPAC induction were:
- Matt Difanis is co-owner of RE/MAX Realty Associates with offices in Champaign, Mahomet and Monticello. He’s the immediate past president of Illinois REALTORS®, and during his tenure, Illinois achieved the RPAC President’s Cup award from NAR for the second time in history. He is an RPAC Champion and a leader in RPAC fundraising. He’s been an NAR President’s Circle member for the past seven years and a Major Investor for eight years.
- Mabél Guzmán is a broker with @properties in Chicago. She is a past president for the Chicago Association of REALTORS® and served on the NAR workgroup for the 50th Anniversary of RPAC. She’s been a Major Investor since 2008 and has been a member of the President’s Circle since 2015.
- Jim Merrion is managing broker with Merrion Realty Systems in Elgin and director of strategic initiatives at Showing Time. He has served on committees for Illinois REALTORS® and NAR. He has been a Major Investor for the past 14 years.
- Dan Wagner is senior vice president for government relations for the Inland Real Estate Group of Companies. He is past president of the Chicago Association of REALTORS® and served numerous Illinois REALTOR® committees. He has been an RPAC Major Investor for the last 10 years and a member of the President’s Circle since 2014.
Those honored for reaching the $50,000 investment milestone are:
- Daniel L. Goodwin is chairman and chief executive officer of the Inland Real Estate Group in Oakbrook. He’s been an RPAC Major Investor for the last 13 years and a member of the President’s Circle for nine years. He was inducted into the Hall of Fame in 2010. He’s won the NAR Good Neighbor Award and the 2017 Lifetime Achievement Award from Illinois REALTORS®.
- Frank Wehrstein is managing broker of Dickerson and Nieman in Rockford. He’s been an RPAC Major Investor since 2000 and a President’s Circle member since 2014. He was inducted into the Hall of Fame in 2012 and has served on several Illinois REALTORS® committees. His office continues to set an example driving toward 100 percent RPAC participation every year.