Your real estate business is the Illinois Association of REALTORS® number one priority. That’s why a core mission of your state association is to protect and promote the real estate industry through governmental affairs, lobbying and advocacy at the State Capitol in Springfield and throughout Illinois in local city halls and county government offices.
We are the only advocate for private property rights. And this year is an election year, so it’s an ideal time for you to get involved to help promote and protect our real estate industry.
Make one of your New Year’s resolutions getting active in governmental affairs at your local board or with IAR.
Here are a few ways to “Resolve to Get Involved!”
- Attend the March 27 Illinois REALTOR® Lobby Day at the State Capitol.
- If you’re a managing broker, sign up for the Broker Involvement Program for Call to Action alerts automatically sent to your agents
- If you’re an agent, make sure you answer the next IAR or NAR Call to Action.
- Get involved at your local board level on a local government advisory panel or REALTOR®-supported candidate campaign. IAR members, call 217-529-2600 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about how to get involved statewide or at the local REALTOR® association.
- Learn more about the work of the REALTORS® Political Action Committee (RPAC).
Last year a total of 6,229 bills were introduced in the Illinois General Assembly; 632 made it through both chambers and were sent to the Governor for his consideration. Your IAR lobbyists are monitoring thousands of bills that affect your business and the rights of private property owners. The 2012 spring session of the Illinois legislature begins this month.
Stay tuned and get involved!