Homeowners experienced greater satisfaction from completing their own home improvement projects than when professionals did the work, according to survey results released this week by the National Association of REALTORS®.
The Remodeling Impact Report: DIY shows:
- more than half of all home projects were completed by hired professionals;
- survey respondents gave higher satisfaction scores for do-it-yourself work compared to professional work;
- generational differences in the percentage of do-it-yourself projects, with millennials showing the greatest preference;
- projects designed to show the consumers’ personalities were twice as popular do-it-yourself projects as others.
- 56 percent of the projects designed to improve the home for the benefit of pets.
For more details, read the NAR story.