With the April 30, 2018 Illinois broker license renewal deadline fast approaching, here are some tips for renewing your license online with the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation. If you are ready to renew your license, go to IDFPR’s renewal webpage.
Your license must be renewed directly with IDFPR, not the Illinois REALTORS® Licensing & Training Center. IDFPR’s line for real estate license renewal questions is (800) 560-6420.
- Before renewing your license with IDFPR, print the instructions for online renewal. It will be convenient to have the printed instructions to refer to as you complete your renewal.
- Have your License number and another qualifying form of identification at hand. Qualifying forms of identification are: your date of birth, your social security number, or the PIN number sent to you by IDFPR.
- Make sure your name and address information is correct. If your name has changed since your last renewal, your renewal must be done by mail. Contact IDFPR at 1-800-560-6420 to request a printed copy of the application or mail your request to IDFPR, 320 W. Washington, 3rd Floor, Springfield, IL 62786.
- Be prepared for a 2.35% service fee to be applied to your online payment. This additional fee pays the credit card vendor processing costs. The minimum fee is $1.00.
- Allow a week to ten days for processing by IDFPR. After your renewal has been processed IDFPR will send you an email to the email addressed listed in the IDFPR system.
Not ready to renew? Get your Post-License or CE Broker education with us.
If you still need to complete your education requirements for license renewal, please note that only three broker post-license webinars remain before the April 30, 2018 license renewal deadline. Our online CE and broker post-license courses do not require a proctored exam! Find a course here.