Nearly 80 percent of Americans use social networks, up from 56 percent in 2007 according to Forrester Research, Internet marketing expert Joe Sesso of REALTOR.com told the crowd at the IAR Convention today. Sesso focused on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn marketing strategies. Here are some tips for Facebook:
- Complete your entire profile (year you graduated from high school, college, etc.). This is how Facebook finds networks for you and you don’t want to miss out on those connections.
- Keep your page fresh with posts at least once a week.
- Make it part of your prospecting system to directly connect with two to three of your friends on Facebook each week.
- It’s OK to spend time on Facebook in the office. It’s a business tool.
- Join groups on Facebook such as REALTOR.com and other REALTOR® groups for referrals. If you have a client who is moving you can post to a Facebook group “I’m a Chicago agent looking for a referral agent in San Antonio.”
- Don’t just post your listings. It’s a social network. You need to show our personality on Facebook.
Watch this video to get Sesso’s tip for marketing to your farm neighborhood online by creating a Facebook “Neighborhood Page” to promote garage sales, local market stats and you!