“Home Is Where the Heart Is” Essay Contest
Illinois REALTORS® Bicentennial Task Force launched the “Home Is Where the Heart Is” Essay Contest as part of Illinois Bicentennial celebrations! The scholarship contest was open to Illinois high school students in grades nine through twelve attending public, private or home schools.
A total of 23 students across the state will be awarded with a monetary scholarship to help with school related expenses. Scholarships range from $1000 dollars to $250.
Essay Contest Requirements:
- The contest is open to Illinois high school students in grades nine through 12 attending public, private or home schools.
- The contest submission deadline is Feb. 15, 2018.
- The contest will open for submissions on November 15, 2017.
- Essays can be no more than 700 words but must be a minimum of 500 words.
- Essays must be the original work of the student.
- Essays reflect the theme “Home Is Where the Heart Is”
Essays will be judged based on originality, creativity, grammar, punctuation, spelling and adherence to the theme.
$1,000 – 1 top scholarship award
$750 – 11 scholarship awards
$250 – 11 scholarship awards
Announcement of winners:
Winners will be notified by email April 1, 2018
Statewide recognition will include Illinois REALTORS® social media and communications channels including the REALTORS® Celebrate Illinois Bicentennial Facebook page. Students will receive official recognition by the State of Illinois Bicentennial Commission.